This simple Cucumber Onion Salad is one of our summer favorites. Perfect for picnics and potlucks or even for a yummy, healthy snack.
I’ve come to learn that sometimes the most simple recipes, are the best. Take French toast, for example. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples, but together they make a simple piece of bread, magical! And how about this grilled chicken marinade. Super easy, and makes the tastiest chicken ever! I will happily add Cucumber Onion Salad to the list of simple, but amazing, recipes.
Cucumber Onion Salad is a total classic, and one of my favorite recipes during the summer for BBQ’s and potlucks or for snacking. I’ll make a big batch and have it in my fridge for days without ever getting sick of it. It’s pretty much on rotation with this tomato cucumber salad.
Both work great as a side dish to pretty much any meal. They’re easy to prepare and keep well in the fridge, making them perfect for busy summer days when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
How to make cucumber onion salad or “cucumber in vinegar”:
This is the easiest salad to make. First cut the sweet onion and cucumbers. Then mix the vinegar, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper. Finally, add it all together and serve or store it in the fridge! Cucumbers with a simple vinegar dressing is a healthy salad that I can feel proud bringing to parties!
Can I make cucumber onion salad ahead of time?
This is a great salad to make ahead of time. I like to cut the vegetables and onion, make the dressing, and store all three separately. Then when you are ready to serve, just dump them all in a bowl and mix them together.
This dish is a delicious combination of cool cucumber, sweet onion, and tangy marinade that will have you eating most the dish before it ever makes it to the table.
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Cucumber Onion Salad
- 6 mini cucumbers
- 1/4 large sweet onion
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cucumbers into very slices. Slice the wedge of sweet onion into very thin slices.
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Taste the dressing--it's easy to adapt it if you want it to be a little sweeter or more tangy.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss to combine.
- For best results, allow the mixture to marinate for at least an hour or up to overnight, before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.