Thick and chewy Oatmeal Cookie Bars are a great treat for a crowd, potlucks and parties. They have the flavor you love from a great oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, baked into easy and delicious bars!
Love brownies and cookie bar recipes? Try my Blondies, Snickerdoodle Bars, or Mississippi Mud Brownies!
Weekends are my weakness when it comes to sweets. I usually go for cookies or bars of some sort because I can always count on having the ingredients on hand.
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a regular, sweet-tooth-satisfying weekend treat at our house!. Chewy, chocolate and oat goodness in every single bite!
How to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:
Beat butter and sugars: In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and light.
Add eggs: one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla.
Mix dry ingredients: In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, and 1 cup chocolate chips.
Combine: Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until combined. Add chocolate chips.
Press into greased pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
Storing instructions: Store covered at room temperature for 5 days or store in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Freezing Instructions: For best results, allow pan to cool completely. If you used parchment under the bars, lift the cooled bars out of the pan. Wrap the whole bar brick in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze for up to one month. Thaw completely in the fridge before cutting into bars.
Follow me for more great recipes
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter , room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a little of both!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and light.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour and rolled oats.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into prepared ban and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe February 2016. Updated April 2018 and May 2022. Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
Loved these! Made them for a catering I had for some guys working on our garage/ shop. Not any left and I doubled the recipe. 😍
See More Comments