Scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage links rolled and baked inside a corn tortilla. These Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos are simple and delicious!
One of my goals for this blog is to provide meal ideas for “real people” that use real ingredients. I don’t share things that are too fancy or difficult to make and I like to use real, quality ingredients. If you see it published on my blog then you can be sure my family already taste tested it and gave it five stars!
I like to mix things up at night, which often means making breakfast for dinner or “brinner”, using all-natural breakfast meats from Jones Dairy Farm.
One of my favorite products is their fully cooked sausage links. They have pork, chicken and turkey links and not only are they delicious, all you have to do is reheat them. They’re great for a super fast breakfast or brinner.
You can add them to your favorite soup, or pasta. (I’ve added the turkey links to this tortellini soup and it was delicious!)
I used pork sausage links in these yummy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos and my family devoured them. They’re so incredibly easy too.
Just scramble some eggs, add some cheese and a breakfast sausage link (and some spinach if you want to incorporate a veggie), and then roll them up in a corn tortilla and bake them. I like to dip them in my favorite homemade salsa. Who can resist breakfast for dinner, am I right?!
Consider trying these classic breakfast recipes:
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sandwiches
- Seven Layer Breakfast Tacos
- German Pancakes
- Classic French Toast
- Homemade Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Crunchy French Toast
Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- 7 ounce box fully cooked sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese , your favorite kind
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves , chopped (optional)
- 10 white corn tortillas , or use 6'' flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
- Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.) Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle for a few seconds until they are pliable.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
- Next time try French Toast Sausage Roll Ups.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post is brought to you by Jones Dairy Farm. As always, all opinions are my own.