How to make homemade caramel sauce:
It is so incredibly easy to make homemade caramel sauce. This recipe has 6 ingredients and will only take about 10 minutes! Then you can dip apple slices in it, pour it over apple crisp, or hot fudge sundaes. It can be kept in the fridge for a at least a week, so it’s a great recipe to make ahead of time and keep on hand.
Consider serving over:
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , firmly packed
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 - 3/4 cups evaporated milk
- Add butter, brown sugar, water, and salt to medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the butter melts.
- Once the butter has melted bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Add more evaporated milk if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- To store, pour mixture into a mason jar and refrigerate for up to a week. Re-warm it in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.