Chocolate Cupcakes filled with a homemade caramel sauce and topped with chocolate frosting.
How have I not shared these cupcakes yet?! They are probably my favorite cupcakes of all time! Homemade chocolate cupcakes (you could definitely use a cake mix if you want!) with a delicious caramel filling and chocolate frosting on top.
I top mine with one of my favorite candies from Trader Joe’s because I think it makes them so cute! I get huge rave reviews whenever I’ve shared these with friends.
Consider trying these popular cupcake recipes:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
- Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
To assemble the cupcakes:
- Cut a small piece out of the center of each cupcake.
- Spoon caramel sauce into the hole. Frost with chocolate frosting. Top with a Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramel if desired.
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- Melt butter. Stir in cocoa.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed.
- Stir in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.