We love making homemade pizza on the weekends because it’s easy, cheap, and fun! I save time by using a rotisserie chicken, but any cooked, shredded chicken will work. (Don’t put raw chicken on your pizza or it will not have enough time to cook through). I used that saved time to make favorite homemade pizza dough, but you could also use store-bought.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Spread pizza crust dough with a thin layer of BBQ sauce. (I pre-bake my homemade pizza dough for 6 minutes before adding toppings.)
- Add cooked, shredded chicken to a bowl and cover it with bbq sauce.
- Top pizza with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, sliced red onion, and shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Add remaining cup of cheese, and sprinkle with cilantro, to taste.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 -15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
Additional Toppings Ideas:
- Pineapple tidbits
- Blue cheese
- Gouda cheese
Make Ahead Instructions:
You can prepare bbq chicken pizza up to one day ahead of time. Roll out the dough for the crust and bake for 6 minutes. Layer with toppings, cover well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake.
CHECK OUT ALL MY PIZZA RECIPES: SOME OF MY FAVORITES INCLUDE:
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- Dough for one large pizza
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken , shredded rotisserie or about 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 large red onion very thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and prebake your pizza dough for 6 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on top of the pre-baked pizza crust. Then top with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and sliced red onion.
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken to a bowl and cover it with a few tablespoons of bbq sauce. Toss to combine. Spread chicken pieces over the pizza.
- Sprinkle another thin layer of cheese on top of the pizza, and add chopped cilantro, to taste.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 -15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this post March 2013. Updated March 2019.
I made this recipe with left-over grilled BBQ chicken and smoked cheddar and added pickles out of the oven. It was fantastic!!!! Thanks for the great recipe
Delicious! I would definitely make it again!! Will reduce temperatures to 425 .. my pizza crust was too dark for our liking.., but didn’t stop everyone from finishing it!!
Delicious and easy to make. I will probably never eat out for BBQ chicken pizza ever again. My husband even liked it which was unusual too!
did you know that this pizza was made in Canada
it’s the best pizza EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See More Comments