Can we all agree there’s nothing better than homemade breads and rolls?
Some of my favorite yeast breads and rolls include:
My absolute favorite roll recipe takes several hours to make (due to the long rising process). So when I want some yummy rolls to go with dinner and I don’t have a lot of time, this one-hour roll recipe is my go-to! I adapted the roll recipe from here, and added this delicious garlic-parmesan topping that my Aunt always adds to her rolls at Thanksgiving. DELICIOUS! Soft and fluffy homemade rolls that only take one-hour to make–start to finish! Awesome right? Right!
- 3 3/4 - 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces, plus more for tops
- For the garlic parmesan topping:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Add 3 3/4 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt to the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add water, milk and butter to a microwave safe bowl and and microwave on HIGH for about 1 minute and 15 seconds or until the mixture reaches 115 degrees on a thermometer. (I honestly hardly ever check the temperature. I just make sure the butter has partially melted and the mixture is really warm).
- Add the milk mixture to the stand mixer with the dry ingredients and knead on medium low for about 4 minutes. If the dough is really sticky, add a little more flour. (It's okay if it's a little bit sticky).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- While the dough rests, prepare the garlic parmesan topping. Melt the butter in a small bowl. In another bowl combine the parmesan cheese, garlic powder and parsley flakes. Set aside.
- Grease a 9x13'' glass baking dish with butter. Flour your hands and divide the dough into 15 pieces, shaped into balls. Dip the tops of each dough ball in the melted butter, and then in the garlic/parmesan mixture and place them gently in the prepared pan.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Turn the oven OFF, and allow the rolls to rise for 20 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Once heated, return rolls to the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. Serve warm.