How have I not shared this homemade caramel sauce recipe yet? I’ve got tons of recipes I use it with…like this Caramel Pecan Apple Crisp, Caramel Filled Chocolate Cupcakes, and this Grasshopper Pie. It’s just about the easiest sauce to make, and makes every dessert better! We dip apple slices in it and always pour it over our ice cream, or hot fudge sundaes. It can be kept in the fridge for a at least a week, so it’s a great recipe to make ahead of time and keep on hand.
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 - 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Add butter, brown sugar, water, and salt to medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the better melts.
- Once the better has melted bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Add more evaporated milk if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- To store, pour mixture into a mason jar and refrigerate for up to a week. Re-warm it in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
Recipe from Food.com