Have you ever heard of or tried a Nothing Bundt Cakes cake before? Awhile back my aunt introduced me to a copycat recipe for the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake that she originally found here. This recipe makes a perfectly moist, rich and chocolaty bundt cake that no one could guess was adapted from a cake mix! It takes just a few minutes to whip together, but the end result is fantastic!
One of my favorite features of a Nothing Bundt Cake is the fun decoration that comes on top of the cake. It makes it look really special and adds a little bit of flare! I like to copy this idea by making my own simple tissue paper pom-pom decoration for the top of the cake. Below is the yummy cake recipe, followed by a tutorial for frosting and decorating the cake!
- 1 pkg. devils food cake mix
- 1 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease and flour your bundt cake pan.
- Mix the first six cake ingredients together. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into your greased bunt cake pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min. Allow to cool in the pan for 20 min., the remove from pan and place on wire cooling rack.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar until smooth.
Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with no tip attached. Starting in the hole of the bundt cake, squeeze and drag frosting up and over, stopping about 3/4th way down the cake. Repeat all around cake.
Tissue paper pom-poms:
Cut 8 peices of regular sized tissue paper in half, long ways.
Stack tissue paper. Make 1 1/2 inch accordion folds.
Fold a piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist.
Use scissors to trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time, until your pom pom ball is formed.
Place ball on top of cake!