Did you know that a traditional “5-cup fruit salad” uses sour cream as the sauce? I’m sorry, but does anyone else cringe at that thought? Sour cream…really? This fruit salad recipe has the same delicious creamy flavor, but uses Greek yogurt instead. It’s creamy and sweet and absolutly delicious! Plus it takes all of 10 minutes to throw together. It’s the perfect side for family gatherings, holidays, or parties where you want something fun and something everyone will love!
The ingredients for this Creamy Fruit Salad are super simple, but put them all together and this little salad is fabulous! It’s sweet and refreshing, without the added calories. Plus it has mini marshamallows in it, and who can say “no” to mini marshmallows?! This yummy side dish will definitely be making in appearance on our Thanksgiving table!
- 1 (10-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Add apple to a large bowl and toss in lemon juice to keep from browning. Add the pineapple, mandarin oranges, grapes, coconut, and marshmallows and toss to combine. Stir in Greek yogurt, gently tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Serve chilled.
- After a day or so of sitting in the fridge, liquid from the fruit may pool at the bottom. If eating the leftovers, I like to gently pour some of this off before eating.