There’s really nothing better than throwing something in your slow cooker and coming home, hours later, to enjoy an awesome meal that’s already done! Hardly any mess, it’s ready to go, and your house smells delicious! It’s every mom’s dream come true
I’m all about soups this season, if you can’t tell–and made in the slow cooker makes them even more flavorful! Check out this great Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup and this Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup–that is, after you’ve made this awesome Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup! It’s healthy, flavorful, and just plain GOOD!
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes to slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook until heated through.
- Serve warm. Top with tortilla strips (or tortilla chips) cheese, sour cream or avocado.