Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup with shredded chicken, black and pinto beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. Simple to throw together and it cooks itself!
There’s really nothing better than throwing something in your slow cooker and coming home, hours later, to enjoy an awesome meal that’s already done! Hardly any mess, it’s ready to go, and your house smells delicious! It’s every mom’s dream come true 🙂
I’m all about soups this season, if you can’t tell–and cooking them in the slow cooker makes them even more flavorful! Check out this great Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup and this Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup–that is, after you’ve made this awesome Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup! It’s healthy, flavorful, and just plain GOOD!
Consider trying one of these classic soup recipes:
- Spicy Chicken Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Taco Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Chile Verde Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper seeded, diced (any color)
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce can mild diced green chilies
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocados, limes, tortilla chips
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and saute for 2-3 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, black beans and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring soup to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut chicken into a few pieces and add to the pot. Cook for 7-10 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred with forks. Return to the pot along with the corn and lime juice.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado.
For the slow cooker:After sauteing the vegetables in step 1, add them to the slow cooker along with the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chilies, spices, chicken breasts and black beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. Remove chicken and shred with forks. Return to the soup along with corn and lime juice. Serve with desired toppings.
For the Instant Pot or pressure cooker:Heat Instant Pot to Saute and add oil. Saute the vegetables and garlic. Turn the pot off. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chilies, spices, chicken breasts and black beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes before using quick release for the remaining pressure. Remove chicken and shred with forks. Return to the soup along with corn and lime juice. Serve with desired toppings.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.