An easy microwave Vanilla Mug Cake (made without eggs) that’s the fastest way to make dessert for one or two. Enjoy it plain, add nutella, or stir in a handful of chocolate chips and you’re on your way to dessert bliss.
After I created my Chocolate Mug Cake recipe, I realized that nothing beats a cake you can prep in 1 minute, bake in 1 minute, and enjoy without having leftovers for days. Check out all my dessert recipes for more inspiration.
Vanilla Mug Cake
Some people may think I’m exaggerating when I say that Mug Cakes changed my life, but seriously, we’re talking about a personalized serving of delicious cake, made in just about 5 minutes!
If you think it’s too good to be true then I challenge you to give it a try! And, if chocolate is more your thing, then try my chocolate mug cake instead! If you love cake and baked goods like I do then I’m telling you, your sweet tooth cravings have met their match!
Here’s what you’ll need to make vanilla mug cake:
- all-purpose flour: cake flour also works.
- white sugar
- baking powder
- dash salt
- milk: any kind will work.
Vanilla Mug Cake in 3 Easy Steps:
- Add the dry ingredients to a microwave safe mug; flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the wet ingredients: milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Add sprinkles, if desired.
- Microwave for 70-90 seconds.
For healthier mug cake, make these swaps:
- Milk: substitute skim milk
- Sugar: Cut the amount in half, or substitute an artificial sugar sweetener or honey. You could also leave out the sprinkles.
- Butter: replace with applesauce, or coconut oil
- Flour: use white whole wheat flour
Additional add-in ideas:
- Small scoop of Nutella
- chocolate chips (or other flavored chips)
- Small scoop of peanut butter
Can you make mug cakes dairy free?
You bet! For dairy free mug cake, substitute almond or soy milk and use dairy-free butter or coconut oil.
Looking for more delicious Dessert Recipes? Some of my favorites include:
Vanilla Mug Cake
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mug and stir together.
- Stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth, being sure to scrape the bottom of the mug. Stir in sprinkles.
- Cook in microwave for 70-90 seconds* (until cake is just set, but still barely shiny on top). Allow to rest in microwave for 1 minute before consuming.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.