An easy microwave Vanilla Mug Cake (made without eggs) that’s the fastest way to make dessert for one or two. Enjoy it plain, add nutella, or stir in a handful of chocolate chips and you’re on your way to dessert bliss.
After I created my Chocolate Mug Cake recipe, I realized that nothing beats a cake you can prep in 1 minute, bake in 1 minute, and enjoy without having leftovers for days. Check out all my dessert recipes for more inspiration.
Vanilla Mug Cake
Some people may think I’m exaggerating when I say that Mug Cakes changed my life, but seriously, we’re talking about a personalized serving of delicious cake, made in just about 5 minutes!
If you think it’s too good to be true then I challenge you to give it a try! And, if chocolate is more your thing, then try my chocolate mug cake instead! If you love cake and baked goods like I do then I’m telling you, your sweet tooth cravings have met their match!
Here’s what you’ll need to make vanilla mug cake:
- all-purpose flour: cake flour also works.
- white sugar
- baking powder
- dash salt
- milk: any kind will work.
Vanilla Mug Cake in 3 Easy Steps:
- Add the dry ingredients to a microwave safe mug; flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the wet ingredients: milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Add sprinkles, if desired.
- Microwave for 70-90 seconds.
For healthier mug cake, make these swaps:
- Milk: substitute skim milk
- Sugar: Cut the amount in half, or substitute an artificial sugar sweetener or honey. You could also leave out the sprinkles.
- Butter: replace with applesauce, or coconut oil
- Flour: use white whole wheat flour
Additional add-in ideas:
- Small scoop of Nutella
- chocolate chips (or other flavored chips)
- Small scoop of peanut butter
Can you make mug cakes dairy free?
You bet! For dairy free mug cake, substitute almond or soy milk and use dairy-free butter or coconut oil.
Looking for more delicious Dessert Recipes? Some of my favorites include:
YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Vanilla Mug Cake
- ¼ cup +1 ½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 2 tablespoon butter , melted
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sprinkles
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mug and stir together.
- Stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth, being sure to scrape the bottom of the mug. Stir in sprinkles.
- Cook in microwave for 70-90 seconds* (until cake is just set, but still barely shiny on top). Allow to rest in microwave for 1 minute before consuming.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Easy and delicious! Had some fun layering raspberry jam and slivered almonds. It came out great!
Tastes amazing! Also only baked it for 70 seconds. Wait for it to cool down. Now to try the add-ins 🙂
See More Comments