Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos made in a creamy Thai peanut sauce, topped with a fresh pineapple slaw, and served in a flour tortilla.
If you haven’t noticed, I have a bit of an addiction to Thai food. I really love adding Thai flavors to ordinary foods (like pizza and tacos!) Take this Thai Chicken Pizza, or this Thai Quinoa Salad , for example. And these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of the most popular recipes on my blog. The best part about all of these recipes is they are beyond easy to make. Seriously.
These Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Slaw are To. Die. For! I have to make them after my little guy has gone to sleep (since he’s allergic to peanuts), but that’s okay because my husband and I have no problem inhaling the entire meal by ourselves. The original recipe comes from Jen over at Carlsbad Cravings –I just added some more things to the slaw, and adjusted the peanut sauce a little. These are GOOOOOOD. Like really, really good.
For best results we like to use a ⅓ chicken mixture to 2/3 slaw ratio–layer your tortilla with just a spoonful of the peanut chicken, and then several spoonfuls of slaw. The flavor combo is amazing, and the crunch of the slaw goes so well with the creamy chicken in peanut sauce. Hope you guys love these as much as we do!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Slaw
Thai Peanut Chicken
- 8-10 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root , mined (or ¾ tsp dried ground ginger)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- Make the slaw by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
For the Thai Peanut Chicken
- In a medium size bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, dried basil, black pepper and cornstarch.
- Add chicken pieces and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and marinade to the hot pan.
- Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add peanut butter and still until incorporated and smooth. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into your tortilla and spoon the slaw on top.
- I like to use a ⅓ chicken to 2/3 slaw ratio. Top with a drizzle of Sriracha, if desired. Eat immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.