Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Chicken Stir-Fry with vegetables and served over rice with fresh pineapple! This would taste great in a lettuce wrap too!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday! If you’re like me, you may have a huge ham bone and plenty of leftover ham. I’m trying to decide what to make with it from this list of my favorite leftover ham recipes. I’m leaning towards the Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Baked Potato and this Leftover Hambone Soup.
It was really hard to come up with a name for this dish. It’s obviously a stir-fry, but the sauce is kind of like sweet and sour sauce, but with a little chipotle spice to it. The cilantro and pineapple add a nice flavor combination as well.
Sometimes I feel like I need to hire someone just to come up with recipe names for me :-). It’s like when I was involved in journalism and I never had a problem writing my articles, but I could never come up with a decent headline. Oh well…”Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Chicken Stir-Fry” it is! Hope you love it!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls
- Spring Roll Bowls
- BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup pineapple , freshly chopped
For the Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Sauce:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce , chopped and diced (about ½ of a pepper)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups rice (white or brown), for serving
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Add a little olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped bell peppers and onions and saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side, until browned and almost cooked through.
- Return veggies to the pan, and add the sauce. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring for a few minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.
- Add fresh pineapple on top. Sprinkle with some extra cilantro. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
We made this last week and are having it again tonight … That should say how much we loved it! So delicious.
Winner! So happy to hear it. Thanks for your comment 🙂
These were delicious! I love the chipotle flavor mixed with the sweetness. Thanks so much for sharing.
Amazing!! My family loved it is like an asiany type of favor with the sweet and the spice! I did add a few more teaspoons of chipotle because we like spicy food. Other than that I followed receipe . Thank you!! I will definitely make this again
Thanks so much Glenda, I’m really happy your family loved it. Thanks for sharing!
Wow! the sauce seems incredibly yummy! I like to add sweet and spicy sauce to meat. Chicken must be delicious this way! and the dish colors are just awesome!