There are so many fun variations you can do with a baked potato, and this is one of my favorites! There’s hardly any prep to it, it’s cheap, it fills you up, and tastes delicious! Something about the combination of broccoli, ham and cheese is delicious, right? My mouth is watering.
A perfectly baked potato, loaded with fresh broccoli and ham and topped with a cheesy bechamel sauce!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Baked Potato
- 4 large russet potatoes
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 3-4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 heaping cup cooked ham , diced
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Use a sharp knife to stab a few slits in them.
- Rub the potatoes with generously with olive oil and then kosher salt and bake for about 1 hour or until insides are soft.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli florets in a saucepan with about 1/2 cup of water. Bring water to a boil.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to medium low. Cook until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Drain water.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, saute chopped ham until warm. Set aside.
For the cheese sauce:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and whisk to form a thick paste (but don't let it brown).
- Slowly whisk in milk and stir until smooth. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add grated cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Slice the potatoes down the middle and fill with ham and broccoli. Top with cheese sauce. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.