Don’t miss some these other Thanksgiving recipes:
Perfect Sausage Cranberry Pecan Stuffing made with italian sausage, celery, cranberries, onions and pecans.
- 1 pound hot ground Italian sausage , casings removed
- 2 ribs celery , chopped
- 1 sweet onion , chopped
- 5-6 cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms , sliced (optinal)
- 1 Granny Smith apple , cored and grated
- 14 ounce package cubed stuffing (I like Pepperidge Farms herb stuffing*)
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x13'' pan.
- Add crumbled sausage into a large casserole frying pan over medium heat.
Brown for 2-3 minutes, breaking into small pieces, and then add the celery, onions and garlic.
Cook until onions are translucent and then stir in the mushrooms and grated apple. Cook for 1-2 minutes and add the cubed stuffing mix.
Toss to combine. Slowly add the chicken broth and toss to combine. Fold in pecans and cranberries.
Transfer mixture to prepared 9x13'' pan and cover with foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
*You could also make your own cubed, seasoned breadcrumbs and use about 3 1/2 cups *To make in advance: make the entire recipe up until you pour everything into the 9x13'' pan. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake the next day, according to directions. Adapted from Our Best Bites
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.