Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels are made with just three simple ingredients and are pretty fool proof! Is there a better combination than chocolate and caramel?
Chocolate and Caramel. Is there a better combination? I don’t think so. Some of my favorite chocolate/caramel treats include:
- Chewy Chocolate Caramel Bars
- Caramel Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
Like most families, we have a few specific holiday treats that we make every single year. The first is my mom’s homemade caramels. They’re unbeatable! Seriously, they melt in your mouth and put all other caramels (especially store bought ones) to shame.
We usually wrap them individually in wax paper and give bags full as neighbor gifts. The second treat we make every year are Christmas Cornflake Wreaths. Everyone in my extended family looks forward to those at our Christmas parties. They’re also extremely easy to make and super cute and festive.
I recently made a big batch of homemade caramels and decided to take them one step further by coating them in chocolate and sprinkling them with sea salt. WOW. These little Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels are fantastic.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE HOLIDAY TREATS:
- Homemade Caramels
- Caramel Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
- Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Caramel Hot Chocolate
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels
- 1 batch homemade soft caramels (about 80 bite-size caramels)
- 6 7 ounce Hershey's chocolate bars (or other high quality chocolate bar for melting)
- sea salt for topping
- Make caramels according to instructions and allow to refrigerate overnight. Cut into bite-size squares.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on top of a large jelly roll pan or cooking sheet.
- Break up chocolate into pieces in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at half power for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Use a toothpick or a fork to coat the caramels in chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off before setting them on the parchment paper.
- Allow to set for 2-3 minutes before sprinkling sea salt on each.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy! Store extras in the fridge or at room temperature. (I like to refrigerate mine).
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
How long will these keep after dipped in chocolate?
At least 2 weeks I would think, in an air-tight container in the fridge.
These are AMAZING! Thanks for a great recipe!
Is this six pounds for the chocolate? (Seems like a lot but I’ll take your word for it.)
Hi Sam, I would buy 6 of the 7oz size candy bars and you should be good.