Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious no bake treat! Soft and chewy rice krispie squares with caramel and melted chocolate smoothed on top.
I’ve come to the realization that I’m a little obsessed with the chocolate and caramel combination. Whenever I’m brainstorming treats to make for the blog, something that includes that combination is always the first to come to mind. Like these amazing Homemade Twix Bars, or these Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Pretzels.
But these Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats take the cake, because there’s no baking required! Which means they’re perfect for summer, and perfect for your Fourth of July parties this weekend!
They’re easy to transport, great for serving large groups, and the clean-up is a cinch. And did I mention how amazing they are?! They’re soft and chewy and absolutely delicious. I promise they’ll be a huge crowd pleaser!
Consider trying these popular desserts:
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- Key Lime Pie Bars
- S’more Cookie Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- The BEST Mint Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 4 heaping cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 7 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (half of the can)
- dash of salt
For the chocolate
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (a high quality brand works best)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Butter a 9x13'' pan. Measure cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Place butter in a large saucepan and melt over medium-low heat.
- Once melted, add 4 heaping cups of miniature marshmallows. Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and press gently into the pan. Don't press them down too much so that you have plenty of air pockets, resulting in light and fluffy rice krispie treats!
- Refrigerate the rice krispie treats while you make the caramel.
- Make the caramel by combining all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil and continue to cook, stirring constantly until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage. (You can use a candy thermometer, or do what I always do and use the ice water method. **See further instructions for this in the notes below).
- Once it reaches soft ball stage, remove from heat and pour the warm caramel over the rice krispie treats.
- Smooth the caramel into an even layer over the rice krispies.
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes, or stick the pan in the fridge while you melt the chocolate.
- For the chocolate, add the butter and chocolate chips to a bowl and use a double boiler (or your microwave at 30 second intervals stirring in between) to melt the chocolate until smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over the set up caramel and smooth into an even layer. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Enjoy! I store the bars in the refrigerator and they last at least a week.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.