These Chewy and delicious Chocolate Caramel Bars are made with old fashioned oats, a bag of caramels, and chocolate chips.
Happy FALL! I can’t believe it’s October already. I feel like baking season is finally in full force!
And speaking of baking…I recently got my hands on my Grandma’s recipe box. I already have tons of favorite recipes from her, including this amazing Lemon Chiffon Pie, Oatmeal Cake, and these Baked Apples!
I’ve spent hours sorting through her recipe box and I’ve found some really old, fun recipes. I’m not going to lie, I can’t read some of them. My Grandma’s friends wrote in old fashioned cursive, and sometimes the writing is so slanted I have no idea what the recipe says.
Amongst the recipes that I have been able to read are some total classics. I found this recipe for Chewy Chocolate Caramel Bars and I think it was from her neighbor. I’ve seen a lot of similar recipes before and I knew immediately I wanted to bake them.
These bars can be summed up in three words: Chocolate Caramel Bliss. They are soft and chewy and the oats in them give them the perfect texture. They’re absolutely delicious! A “keeper” recipe for sure!
Looking for more “bar” recipes? Try these:
- S’more Cookie Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- The BEST Mint Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars
Chewy Chocolate Caramel Bars
- 1 cup butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounce bags caramels , unwrapped
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounce bags chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the first six ingredients and reserve half of the mixture, pressing the other half into the bottom of a 9x13'' pan.
- Bake crust for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Combine the caramels and evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl (or on the stove over low heat).
- Microwave at low power, stirring every 30 seconds, until the caramel is melted.
- When the crust comes out of the oven sprinkle chocolate chips all over the top.
- Drizzle melted caramel over the chocolate chips. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for another 12-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely before serving, to allow them to set up. I like to chill them in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.