Pizza Casserole is made with penne pasta, ground beef, pork sausage, pepperoni’s, olives, bell pepper, and all the delicious cheese you find on your favorite pizza!
When it comes to menu planning at our house, I’m in charge 99% of the time. My husband doesn’t mind–he’s usually happy to eat anything that I make. But when he does get the chance to make a suggestion, I can always guarantee that this pizza casserole will be on the list.
I’m always happy to oblige when he asks for pizza casserole. It’s super easy to make, my kids love it, and I can always sneak in some extra chopped veggies (like chopped zucchini and squash). You could also use whole wheat noodles, and just 1 cup of cheese on top to make it a healthier.
Consider trying one of these family favorite recipes:
- Chicken Casserole
- Swedish Meatballs
- Homemade Pizza
- Italian Meatball Subs
- Stuffing Baked Chicken
- Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 1/2 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 24 ounce jars marinara pasta sauce (*or homemade pizza sauce)
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook penne pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain grease.
- Add cooked meat to a large mixing bowl. Add pepperoni's, bell pepper, onion, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, mushroom and olives.
- Add noodles and pasta sauce and toss to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13'' pan.
- Sprinkle 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, (depending on how much cheese you want).
- Bake for at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.