You’ll never buy a store-made graham cracker crust again, with this easy and delicious homemade Graham Cracker Crust recipe! You only need three ingredients including graham crackers, butter and sugar, and a pan to press the mixture into. Unlike other graham cracker crusts, this one wont fall apart! It’s perfectly tender and can be used in any recipe that calls for a graham cracker crust.
How to make graham cracker crust:
Homemade graham cracker crust is so easy to make. Start by combining graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar in a bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir well to combine.
Pour the mixture into a pie pan. Use lightly greased hands or the back of a measuring cup to firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
Do you have to bake the graham cracker crust?
For best results, I recommend baking your graham cracker crust. If you don’t want to (or cannot) bake the crust, you could chill it for several hours in the refrigerator, to the point that the butter becomes hard enough to hold the crust together.
To bake the crust, place it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. A baked crust will have a sturdier texture, but it wont be crumbly and will hold the pie together so that it’s easy to cut and serve!
My favorite recipes with a graham cracker crust include:
Graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs , about 12 full sheets, crushed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Pour crumb mixture into an 8" - 9.5" pie pan and press it firmly in the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- No graham crackers? Substitute digestive biscuits, vanilla wafers, crushed gingersnaps, flavored wafer cookies, crushed cereal (like chex or cornflakes), or crushed ice cream cones. There are a lot of ways to be creative here!
- Vegan graham cracker crust: Be sure your graham crackers are vegan (most brands are) and substitute vegan butter or margarine.
- Sub the sugar: If you don't have regular granulated sugar, you can substitute brown sugar. If you want to use honey, I would recommend using a combination of honey and granulated sugar because the sugar crystals help bind the crust.
- Sub flavored graham crackers: Feel free to use your favorite flavor of graham crackers including chocolate or cinnamon. and buy whatever brand is cheapest.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.