Creamy Macaroni Fruit Salad with a wonderful sweet, creamy, tangy crunch and combination of flavors perfect for a potluck meal or easy side dish!
I’m ready to let go of the super hot summer days we’ve been having, but I’m definitely not ready to let go of summer pasta salads! Side dishes like this Macaroni Fruit Salad still accompany almost all of our dinners lately–they’re easy to make and go with everything! It’s also a great recipe for parties or bridal/baby showers.
This Macaroni Fruit Salad is creamy, fresh and delicious and a family favorite from my Grandma’s recipe box. I love that it’s a little different than your typical summer pasta salad recipes. I love the crunch from the apples and celery and the sweet flavor from the grapes and pineapple.
The chicken and noodles make it the perfect hearty meal or side salad. The sauce is similar to a cole-slaw type dressing. It’s creamy and sweet with a hint of tangy-ness.
Macaroni Fruit Salad
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macaroni noodles , uncooked
- 1 pound cooked chicken , chopped (or use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons onions , grated
- 2 cups grapes , halved
- 1 cup celery , chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits (or fresh chopped pineapple)
- 1 large red apple , diced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl add remaining ingredients, including cooked macaroni noodles.
- Pour sauce over top and toss to combine. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.