How to make Lemon Blueberry Pancakes:
- Heat skillet over medium low heat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together buttermilk, baking soda, and juice and zest of lemon. Add egg, vanilla, and melted butter and stir to combine.
- In a separate large mixing bowl stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until combined. There may be some lumps–don’t over-mix the batter. (Add a little splash of buttermilk if the mixture is too thick). Gently stir in blueberries.
- Grease skillet with a little butter or non-stick cooking spray. Use a ¼ measuring cup to spoon the batter onto the hot greased pan. Cook until bubbles come to the surface and the bottom of the pancakes are golden. Flip to the other side and cook until golden.
- Serve with your favorite pancake syrup, and fresh blueberries on top, if desired.
Allow the pancakes to cool, then lay on a baking sheet and flash freeze them, uncovered, for 30 minutes (flash freezing them first prevents them from sticking together once frozen) Transfer partially frozen pancakes to a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3-4 months. For best results, reheat in a warm oven, or toaster over. Reheating in the microwave on defrost for a few seconds will also work.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Perfect Cinnamon Rolls
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lemon , zest and juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup blueberries , fresh or frozen
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together buttermilk, baking soda, and juice and zest of lemon. Add egg, vanilla, and melted butter and stir to combine. In a separate large mixing bowl stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir just until combined. There may be some lumps--don't over-mix the bater. (Add a little splash of buttermilk if the mixture is too thick). Gently stir in blueberries.
- Grease the warm skillet with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Use a ¼ measuring cup to spoon the batter onto the pan. Cook until the bottom of the pancakes are golden and bubbles come to the surface. Flip to the other side and cook until golden.
- Serve with your favorite pancake syrup.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe September 2011. Updated July 2020 with process photos and improved instructions.
Wet to dry ratio is off. Too much liquid. More like a crepe batter. Too sweet. Reduce sugar and buttermilk. Or add an extra 1/2 cup of flour
Our new favourite pancake recipe. We’ve made it twice now! We kicked it up a notch and made a blueberry syrup to go with it. Planning on making the batter ahead of time and bringing it to the cottage the next day 🤞🏼 Hope it holds up
Delicious! Had to make my own buttermilk, so glad you have a link in how to do so 😊, but these turned out great!
The texture is just wrong and the flavor is weird too
Delicious light and fluffy pancake recipe! Thank you! I added a half cup of diced bananas – and everyone gobbled them up!
This is amazing!
My family and I love breakfast. I am always on the search for new recipes to make pancakes. This by far is my favorite! Thank you!
The most delicious pancakes I have ever made. The hint of lemon is so refreshing. You will think you are eating dessert
I’ve made a lot of different pancake recipes in my life, and these are by far the best! Perfect pancakes.
See More Comments