These homemade Garlic Parmesan Rolls are crusty and cheesy on the outside, and soft, fluffy and garlic-y on the inside!
Simply put, these Garlic Parmesan Rolls are exactly what you’d hope–They’re crusty and cheesy on the outside, and soft, fluffy and garlic-y on the inside! It’s sad how quickly these vanish whenever I make a batch.
As proof, you can see from my photo that the only picture I had time to take was the rolls sitting on the cooking sheet, just out of the oven! I wont blame it entirely on my husband, because I’m just as much at fault–the second these are out of the oven it’s all I can do not to scarf down at least two!
Next time I’ll try my best to put them in a cute bread basket and take a decent photo! 🙂
Have you ever heard the phrase “weekends are for baking”? I use it all the time. Sundays are my favorite day for baking, especially for making homemade rolls! If you love homemade rolls, you should try these Garlic Knots or Perfect Dinner Rolls or these amazing Homemade Bread Bowls!
Consider Serving these with:
Garlic Parmesan Rolls
For the rolls
- In a bowl of your stand mixer stir together the warm water, sugar and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, and olive oil and knead (or mix with your mixer and dough hook attachment) for about 5-7 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume--about 1 hour.
- Pour dough out onto floured counter top. Roll it into a large rectangle, no more than 1/2'' thick.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, garlic powder, parsley, and olive oil.
- Use a pastry brush to spread about ½ of this butter mixture on the dough.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup of the grated parmesan cheese.
- Roll the dough tightly long-ways, like a log (like you would with cinnamon rolls).
- Use a sharp serrated knife to cut the log into pieces about 1 ½ inches thick.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover rolls with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray so it wont stick. Allow to rest for about 30 more minutes.
- Bake rolls at 400 degrees F for about 12-14 minutes.
- *At about the 9 minute mark, remove the rolls from the oven and spread the remaining butter/garlic mixture on top of them.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of fresh parmesan cheese, and return to the oven for the last few minutes of baking. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.