Easy Breakfast Taquitos have scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage links rolled and baked inside a corn tortilla. They are quick to make, and fun to eat.
Why I love this recipe:
- Fun and Easy- Break up the usual pancakes and cereal with these homemade breakfast taquitos. With only a few ingredients you already have on hand, these couldn’t be more simple to make.
- Camping Breakfast– I love to make these for our summer camping trips. I prep a bunch and store them in aluminum foil for us to cook over the campfire.
- Freezer Friendly – Make a big batch and freeze the rest for a quick breakfast later.
How to make Breakfast Taquitos:
Cook Sausage: In a pan on medium-high heat, cook sausage links until hot, remove from pan.
Scramble Eggs: Whisk eggs in a bowl with a splash of milk. Add to hot pan, stirring until scrambled.
Assemble: Warm tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle for a few seconds. Place a spoonful of scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and a sausage link on top. Roll up and place seam side down, on a lined baking sheet.
Bake: Place in a 425F oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: Make taquitos up to the baking step and store covered in the refrigerator for several hours until ready to bake.
To Freeze: Make and assemble these egg taquitos until the baking step. Place them in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw to room temperature, then bake as directed. To bake from frozen, place on a greased baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes, or until warmed through and crispy.
Air Fryer Breakfast Taquitos:
Place assembled breakfast taquitos in a greased air fryer and spray the tops generously with cooking spray. Air fry at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed and crispy.
More Kid-Friendly Recipes:
- Energy Balls
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Yogurt
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Carrot Muffins
- American Goulash (Beefaroni)
- Breakfast Quesadillas
Follow me for more great recipes
- 7 ounce box fully cooked sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese , your favorite kind
- 10 white corn tortillas , or use 6” flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Warm sausages: Add sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through. Remove to a plate, leaving any sausage grease in the pan.
- Scramble eggs: Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.) Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas on a hot dry skillet or griddle for a few seconds until they are pliable.
- Assemble: Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake: Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe May 2016. Updated July 2022.