Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake is chicken layered with cheese and sauce and served over rice. It makes the perfect fast and delicious weeknight meal!
Our sweet baby girl was born on Monday, September 22! Meet Abigail Lauren Allen– 7lbs 02oz
We’ve been lucky to have friends bring us dinner the past few nights, but once that service ends I’ve loaded my arsenal of super simple meals that will be easy to make while adjusting to life with two kids. This Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake is the easiest meal to throw together.
You layer raw chicken with cheese and sauce and bake it–hardly any prep time at all and the oven does all the work! I will say I was weary about the sauce having yogurt in it because I thought it might curdle when baking, but it turned out great! It’s yummy and a meal my husband and one-year-old enjoy.
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts , pat dry
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheeses
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese , divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- hot cooked rice , for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and lay pieces in the bottom of your prepared pan. Layer the Swiss cheese slices over the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread this mixture over the chicken and cheese. Top with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.