Creamy Summer Pasta Salad with Greek yogurt, broccoli, olives, carrots, peas, and bell peppers. A great BBQ side dish or have it as your main course!
Can we all agree that a summer BBQ is really not complete without a pasta salad side dish? I have tons of favorites, like this chicken caesar pasta salad and this teriyaki spinach chicken bowtie pasta salad…but this Creamy Summer Pasta Salad ranks high among them!
It’s really similar to classic ranch pasta salads you may have tried in the past, but this version is way healthier, thanks to the new Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dip Mix!
You still get the same creamy ranch taste, but it’s made with Greek yogurt, so there’s less fat and calories. I love using Greek yogurt in recipes, especially as a substitute to sour cream and mayonnaise. It’s way better for you and still tastes great!
You can find the Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dip Mix for this recipe at Walmart, and use this special Hidden Valley coupon for a discount . I mixed the packet with Greek yogurt, garlic powder and a little dill. Then I tossed it with pasta and my favorite vegetables. You can really use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. Viola!; An easy, healthy summer pasta salad.
Consider trying these pasta salad recipes:
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dip Mix
- 1 1/3 cups Greek yogurts
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 16 ounces bite-size pasta (bowtie, penne, or tri-colored spirals work well)
- 2 carrots , chopped
- 1 cup small broccoli florets , blanched
- 1/2 cup black olives , sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (red or yellow), finely diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas , cooked
- 1 large tomato , chopped
- 1-2 ribs celery , chopped
- 1/4 cup onion , diced (red or green onion)
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheese (I like to use fresh parmesan or cheddar)
- In a small bowl combine the Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dip Mix, Greek yogurt, milk, garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Be careful not to overcook it so the noodles wont become too soft in the salad. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the drained pasta to a large bowl. Add chopped vegetables.
- Pour Greek yogurt dip over top and gently toss to combine.
- Stir in shredded cheese. Season with freshly cracked black pepper as needed. Serve.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post brought to you by Hidden Valley Ranch. The content and opinions expressed are that of Tastes Better From Scratch.