Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are one of my favorite holiday cookies! Start with a delicious chewy chocolate cookie, topped with a warm marshmallow and smooth chocolate frosting.
My mom has been in town the last week playing sous chef for me –helping me cook up dozens of new recipes to share with you guys. I couldn’t wait to share these Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies. This is a recipe my great aunt used to make, and they’re delicious!
The chocolate cookie itself is absolutely delicious. It’s thick and chewy with a little bit of crunch on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside.
Once the cookies are baked you put a marshmallow on top and stick them back in the oven for a minute or two to soften the marshmallows. Once the cookies are cooled you top them with a delicious chocolate frosting.
You can leave them that way or even add some crushed peppermint candy or a nut on top. My great-aunt always added walnuts, but I like to use pecans.
I love serving these Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies to people who have never tried them before. They bite into them and are always pleasantly surprised to find the marshmallow center.
There’s never been a time I’ve served these that I wasn’t asked for the recipe. It’s a keeper, and perfect for the holidays!
Consider trying these popular holiday recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
- Brownie Truffles
- Peppermint Brownie Bark
- Christmas Cornflake Wreaths
- Homemade Caramels
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies have a delicious chewy cookie, topped with a warm marshmallow and smooth chocolate frosting.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 large marshmallows , halved
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the bowl with the creamed butter mixture and stir just until combined.
- Scoop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto your cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and top with a marshmallow half (cut-size down). Return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely while you make the frosting.
- Add butter to a mixing bowl and beat with electric mixers for 1 minute. Add the cocoa powder and milk and mix to combine. Add powdered sugar and mix for at least 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Add more powdered sugar if needed.
- Once cookies have cooled, cover the tops of the marshmallows with frosting.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.