This Chili Lime Chicken with Creamy Garlic Penne is warm, flavorful, and so simple to make. The marinated chicken is on point!
Penne noodles in a creamy garlic sauce, topped with a chili lime rubbed chicken. This pasta is definitely going in the “keepers” folder!
Pasta is my favorite comfort food. I could eat spaghetti any day, any time. So when summer comes, and I’m always coming up with new pasta dishes to serve with grilled chicken and fresh vegetables! This Chili Lime Chicken with Creamy
Garlic Penne Pasta was one of my dinner experiments that I questioned about half way through, but it ended up being amazing! I loved it, kids loved it, and husband LOVED it. That’s what we call a winner folks! I love this dish with fresh garden tomatoes, and I’ll often throw in fresh spinach and grilled zucchini if I’ve got them on hand.
Chili Lime Chicken with Creamy Garlic Penne
Chili Lime Chicken
- 5-6 chicken tenders (or 2-3 breasts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
For the Pasta
- 16 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 2 heaping Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese , cubed
- 2 tomatoes , diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley leaves , minced
- freshly grated parmesan cheese , optional
For the chicken
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a shallow bowl. Add chicken and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Turn grill to medium heat. Place the chicken on the hot grill, cover with grill lid and cook for a few minutes or until brown on bottom side.
- Flip chicken, cover and cook until cooked through. Remove to a plate to rest.
For the Sauce:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add flour and stir well.
- Add chicken broth and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta, tomatoes and parsley to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Add grilled chicken on top. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.