These honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots are my favorite way to elevate this simple veggie to restaurant quality. They are flavorful, easy, and can be served with practically any entrée!
Why I love these roasted carrots:
- Simple Elegance – These are the best roasted carrots that are so simple to make, inexpensive, and have a delicious flavor that’s different than others.
- Easy – Just a few minutes to prep then they can be roasting in the oven while you make your dinner.
- Versatile – Serve these balsamic carrots with practically anything! I love to eat it with Prime Rib, Meatloaf, Chicken Casserole, and always my Thanksgiving Turkey!
How to make Balsamic Roasted Carrots:
Prep Carrots: Remove stem from carrots (optional–If they have long green stems, I think they look pretty!)) then slice in half, lengthwise.
Flavor: Arrange carrots on baking sheet then toss with oil, balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of honey, and salt and pepper.
Roast for about 20 minutes, then remove from oven. Turn carrots to coat in remaining drippings, drizzle a little more honey, rosemary and thyme over the top then toss.
Finish: Use a paper towel to soak up any residual fluids on the bottom of the pan then return to oven for 20-30 more minutes, or until roasted carrots are tender and caramelized.
- Prime Rib
- Marinated Flank Steak
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Roast Chicken
- Truffle Mac and Cheese
- Chicken Casserole
- Baked Ziti
- Chicken Divan
- Thanksgiving Turkey
- Baked Ham
Follow me for more great recipes
Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots , whole, washed
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil , or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , or more to taste
- 1 ½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar , plain or flavor infused
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary , chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme , or 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove stem from carrots and slice in half, lengthwise.*
- Arrange carrots on baking sheet and toss with oil, balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of honey, and salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Turn carrots making sure to coat in remaining drippings, drizzle a little more honey, rosemary and thyme over the top and toss to coat. Use a paper towel to soak up any residual fluids on the bottom of the pan allowing the carrots to roast instead of steam. Return to the oven for 20-30 more minutes, or until tender and caramelized.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.