These crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries can be made in less than 15 minutes, and they taste better than a restaurant‘s!
I love the way these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries get nice and crispy on the outside, and I usually have what I need to make them! They’re perfectly seasoned and ready to eat in less than 20 minutes!
I use this air fryer, but this recipe should work with any air fryer you have!
- 1 sweet potato.
- Spices: salt, garlic powder, cayenne, cinnamon.
- Cornstarch – to help achieve that crispy coating.
- Oil (olive, canola or avocado oil).
How to make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
Prepare Potatoes: Peel, cut off ends, and slice lengthwise 1/4-½ inch in thin slabs then cut into thin matchsticks. Try to cut uniform slices so they cook evenly.
Combine Seasonings: salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Place sweet potato slices in a shallow dish and sprinkle seasonings over top, tossing well.
Air Fry: Toss fries in oil. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Once hot, cook the whole batch for 10 minutes, tossing once or twice. Continue to cook for just a few minutes longer, checkng every minute until done (mine usually take 12 minutes, total).
Note: Cook time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your fries (thicker fries cook longer, thin fries shorter) and the type of air fryer you have. When in doubt, check them after 8 minutes.
Freezing Instructions: Homemade sweet potato fries can be frozen for up to two months. To reheat, place in air fryer for 5-10 minutes, or until crispy and warm.
- Garlic Parmesan Fries – Toss the fries in cornstarch, 1 minced clove of garlic, salt and pepper. After air frying, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- Sweet Potato Wedges: Cut into thicker “wedges”. Add 5-10 minutes to cook time, until cooked and crispy.
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries: Follow my instructions HERE!
Follow me for more great recipes
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato , peeled and cut into thin 1/4” slices, see photos above in post
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. oil (olive, canola or avocado oil)
- Mix salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Place sweet potato slices in a shallow dish and sprinkle seasonings over top. Toss well, covering potatoes in seasoning. Add oil and toss well.
- Preheat fryer at 400, once it's hot, cook whole batch for 10 minutes, checking every minute after that (mine took 12 minutes*).
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you!