These Air Fryer Baked Potatoes get deliciously crispy skin on the outside with perfectly tender and soft insides. Season them and serve with as a main dish or side.
I’m convinced that cooking potatoes in the air fryer is the absolute best way to do it! You don’t have to heat your oven, and the way the skin crisps while cooking is exactly what you’d hope for from a great baked potato.
- Potatoes: russet
- Oil: spray with nonstick oil, rub with olive, canola, or vegetable oil or spray with avocado, spray.
- Sea salt
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes:
1. Prep potatoes: Scrub and wash the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel. Add them to your fryer basket. Spray the potatoes (or rub with cooking oil) on all sides and sprinkle sea salt on all sides.
2. Air Fry potatoes: Set air fryer to 400 degrees and cook potatoes for 30 minutes. Check the potatoes to see if they are fork tender (poke them with a fork to see if the fork slides easily to the center. Flip potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes if necessary. Use oven mits or tongs to remove the potatoes to a plate.
- A scoop of Chili on top.
- Topped with Ranch dressing or sour cream and chives.
- Or use them to make Baked Potato Salad, Potato skins, or Twice Baked Potatoes.
- Add seasoning: sprinkle garlic powder or a pinch of cayenne over the skins for more flavor.
- Different kinds of potatoes: Any potatoes will work with this method, however cook times may very. With smaller potatoes like yukon gold or red potatoes, try adjusting the cook time to 10 minutes, flip and cook 10 more minutes, or until tender.
Be sure to lay potatoes in an even layer, being careful not to overcrowd the fryer basket. They will also cook more evenly if they are similar in size.
If one or more of the potatoes are not cooked through after the suggested cook time, simply add return them to the fryer and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. This can happen when potatoes are not uniform in size.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes , fairly uniform in size
- Oil (canola, olive oil, avocado oil, cooking spray, etc.)
- Sea salt
- Scrub and wash the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Place four medium russet potatoes in your fryer basket. Lightly brush the outsides of the potatoes with oil, or spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle sea salt on all sides.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees and cook potatoes for 30 minutes. Check the potatoes to see if they are fork tender (poke them with a fork to see if the fork slides easily to the center. Flip potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes if necessary.
- Use oven mits or tongs to remove the potatoes to a plate.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.