Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells include tender pasta shells filled with a cheesy shredded chicken and broccoli mixture and smothered in an easy homemade alfredo sauce.
There are two things I can’t get enough of during my pregnancy so far: cheese, and pasta! I can’t tell you how many times my sweet husband has made spaghetti for me, and I pretty much lived off of quesadillas during my first trimester. I could eat this amazing One Pan Baked Ziti every single night.
And since I’m the one usually in charge of dinner, we’ve been having all of my favorite cheesy pastas lately. I love that it’s a meal my kids will always eat happily, without me having to beg them to finish their dinner. My husband was a particular fan of these Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells. The name pretty much says it all. You can whip these up even faster if you use a rotisserie chicken. (Thank you Costco, for your amazing 5 dollar rotisserie chickens that I use in so many meals!) Hope you all enjoy this yummy pasta as much as my family does!
- 1 (12 oz) box Jumbo Shells
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I use rotisserie)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped steamed broccoli
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, just until al dente. Drain from water and lay out on a large dish to cool, so that they don't stick together.
- Make alfredo sauce:
- Combine butter, garlic, heavy cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Add a spoonful of the hot milk mixture to the eggs, stirring to temper the eggs. Repeat with several more spoonfuls. Then slowly add the egg mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To a large mixing bowl add chicken, broccoli and 1/2 cup alfredo sauce and toss to combine. Add a spoonful of alfredo sauce to the bottom of a 9x13'' pan. Fill shells with a large spoonful of chicken and broccoli mixture and place in prepared pan.
- Pour remaining alfredo sauce evenly over the shells. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
Never miss a post! Follow me on:
You may also like: