Since it’s Monday and all I wanted to share another yummy 30-minute meal to get you through the busy week! If I don’t have a few easy meal ideas on hand the first days of the week I go crazy! My husband doesn’t get home until around 10pm each night, which means my days with the kids can be loooonnnggg. The last thing I have energy for at the end of the days is making dinner! Luckily this BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad comes together quickly and is super yummy and fresh. It has hints of yummy comfort food with an added fresh salad crunch.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, cooked
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups finely chopped green leaf lettuce
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- In a large bowl mix together barbecue sauce, sour cream and cheeses. Add hot cooked pasta to the bowl and toss well in the sauce. Add cooked chicken and onion. Add corn, black beans, tomatoes and lettuce and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
And if you love Pasta Salads, don’t miss some of my other favorites!: