I make wraps all. the. time. They’re pretty much a lunch staple at our house, and they make great easy dinners! I’m constantly coming up with new ideas for wraps… and if you haven’t tried them already, here are some of my many favorites:
I seriously can’t believe I haven’t shared these Chicken Cashew Crunch Wraps yet. They were probably the first homemade wraps I ever had, and all credit for them goes to my mom. She’s made them for our family for as long as I can remember and we LOVE them. The snap peas and the cashews are my favorite part…and the rest of the ingredients fit seamlessly together to make the most delicious, crunchy, chicken wraps.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped/shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion or green onion
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 2/3 cup snap peas
- 1/3 cup of your favorite creamy vinaigrette dressing
- 4 romaine leaves
- 3 large spinach, white or wheat tortillas
- To a large mixing bowl add cooked and chopped chicken, cabbage, onion, cashews, and snap peas and toss together. Drizzle dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Lay one romaine leaf onto each tortilla. Top with a big spoonful of chicken/cashew mixture. Roll into a wrap and secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
- My mom always wraps the folded wraps in wax paper, folding down the sides of the paper at the top where you would start eating it. (Similar to how you'd find a burrito wrapped from a fast food restaurant.)