This homemade Tartar Sauce recipe is creamy, fresh, and elevates any seafood dish! It only takes 5 minutes to make, and tastes so much better than store-bought!
Why I love this recipe:
- Homemade – No preservatives, corn syrup, or anything funny in here. Just fresh, basic ingredients that taste better than any store-bought version!
- Fresh – The fresh diced pickles, lemon, and garlic make this tartar sauce taste so light and refreshing!
- Quick – Uses pantry ingredients and only 5 minutes to whip this up!
Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Capers – Capers
- Dill Pickles
- Seasonings: Dried Dill Weed, Dijon Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Horseradish (optional for a little kick), salt, and pepper.
How to make Tartar Sauce:
Mix All Ingredients – Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: This easy tartar sauce recipe is great to make ahead of time. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To Freeze: Because of the mayonnaise, I don’t recommend freezing it. Or, you could mix everything together, without the mayo and freeze in a freezer safe container or bag. Let thaw completely, then stir in the mayonnaise.
More Sauce Recipes:
Follow me for more great recipes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon capers , drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon dill pickles , finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 of a small lemon , juiced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish , optional, for a kick
- Salt and pepper
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.