Spring Pea Salad – this delicious salad is one of my FAVORITES! It has three different types of peas and a delicious creamy lemon dressing.
It has three different types of peas in it, topped over a bed of spring mix lettuce and arugula, with radishes and the most delicious creamy lemon dressing. I’ve served it many, many times as a main dish with a piece of salmon or grilled steak on top. But I’ve served it just as often as a side dish (without the salmon or steak), and both ways are excellent. It always gets rave reviews–I think because it’s refreshingly different than traditional salads. And you just can’t ignore the amazing flavors in every single bite.
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cup frozen or fresh green peas
- 1 cup micro baby pea shoots
- 2 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 2 1/2 cups spinach or spring mix lettuce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- crushed black pepper to taste
- Salmon or steak for topping, if desired
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 lemons zest and juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Blanch the snow peas and green peas in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, until they turn bright green. Drain and rinse with ice cold water.
- Add peas to a large bowl. Add baby pea shoots, arugula, spinach, onion and radishes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Can be made days in advance.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to combine. We love this as a side salad, or as a main dish topped with salmon or steak! Delicious!
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: