This Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad is not only DELICIOUS, it’s packed with vegetables and protein for a healthy meal or side dish. I love meals that taste great and leave my feeling full, for longer.
What’s not to love about this hearty, healthy Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad?
Spinach: yes please!
Chickpeas: Love them.
Tomatoes and avocados: make everything better.
This salad just works. It’s a beautiful blend of flavor and color and it’s completely delicious!
Pasta salad always hits the spot! I love it, and my family loves it, so I make different versions all the time.
If you’re looking for some other great, healthier pasta salad ideas, these are some of my favorites:
The one thing I really love about this salad, in particular, is how fresh and healthy it is. It’s filling too! The yummy, light lemon dressing adds the perfect touch of sweetness. I love to make extra to have in the fridge to feed everyone throughout the week.
Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad
For the salad:
- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta (white, whole wheat, or other bite size pasta)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sweet onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 avocados , peeled, seeded and diced
- 15 ounce can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
For the Dressing:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Place cilantro and spinach in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are finely diced. Add to a medium bowl.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and beans. Add the cooked pasta, and stir to combine.
- Make dressing and pour over the top. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors combine.
I originally shared this recipe July 2015. Updated January 2018.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE this recipe and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.