This Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad is not only DELICIOUS, it’s packed with vegetables and protein for a healthy meal or side dish. I love meals that taste great and leave my feeling full, for longer.
What’s not to love about this hearty, healthy Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad?
Spinach: yes please!
Chickpeas: Love them.
Tomatoes and avocados: make everything better.
This salad just works. It’s a beautiful blend of flavor and color and it’s completely delicious!
Pasta salad always hits the spot! I love it, and my family loves it, so I make different versions all the time.
If you’re looking for some other great, healthier pasta salad ideas, these are some of my favorites:
The one thing I really love about this salad, in particular, is how fresh and healthy it is. It’s filling too! The yummy, light lemon dressing adds the perfect touch of sweetness. I love to make extra to have in the fridge to feed everyone throughout the week.
This Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad is not only delicious, it's packed with vegetables and protein for a healthy meal or side dish.
- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta (white, whole wheat, or other bite size pasta)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sweet onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 avocados , peeled, seeded and diced
- 15 ounce can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
Place cilantro and spinach in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are finely diced. Add to a medium bowl.
Stir in the garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and beans. Add the cooked pasta, and stir to combine.
Make dressing and pour over the top. Toss to coat.
Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors combine.
Adapted from here
I originally shared this recipe July 2015. Updated January 2018.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE this recipe and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.