Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas — tender shredded beef cooked in a simple homemade enchilada sauce. Layer in tortillas, top with cheese and bake until bubbly! You’ll never use canned enchilada sauce again!
Can I please make your Monday a little easier with a slow cooker meal idea? These Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas are just one of many easy slow cooker recipes in my arsenal. Some family favorites include:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Chile Verde Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Porkchops
Can you believe these are just a small sampling of all of the slow cooker recipes I’ve shared here?
The best part about these enchiladas is how easy the beef and sauce are. You don’t have to do hardly anything to prepare them.
Traditional authentic Mexican enchiladas are made with corn tortillas. My family loves them with flour tortillas, but both work great!
Just place the beef in the slow cooker and pour the simple sauce on top. Let it slow cook all day long and your house will smell amazing.
Consider serving with:
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons waters , mixed together to make a cornstarch slurry
- 10- 12 flour tortillas , or 12-15 corn tortillas (warmed on a dry hot skillet first)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Season the roast on all sides with salt and pepper and place it in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Whisk together beef broth, salsa, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until beef is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove roast to a large plate and shred. Pour remaining broth from the slow cooker into a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch slurry.
- Cook for a few minutes until sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, or other seasonings, as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce over the beef and toss. Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of shredded beef and a spoonful of shredded cheese. Roll up and place in the pan, seam-side down.
- Pour desired amount of sauce over the enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
- I love to serve these with Authentic Mexican Rice.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.