Lets be honest, not everyone has the time to make Homemade Refried Beans. For you time savers, here is a “semi-homemade” option that only takes about 5 minutes and yields a tasty result!
Consider trying these popular Mexican recipes:
Semi-Homemade Refried Beans
- 3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Add the pinto beans with their liquid and smash them with a potato masher or the back of a spoon. Stir in cumin.
- Continue stirring and mashing until you get the texture you like and the beans are the consistency of soft mashed potatoes (3-5 minutes). Season with salt to taste.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.