Super light and moist Pumpkin Cupcakes recipe topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and a pumpkin candy, for a fun and easy fall dessert!
Why I love this recipe:
- The Frosting: What truly makes these the best pumpkin cupcakes ever is the frosting! I’ve adapted my cream cheese frosting to add a hint of cinnamon.
- Festive: I find any excuse to make them, whether for my own family, friends, or even transporting them to my kids school to share with the class!
How to make Pumpkin Cupcakes:
Mix wet ingredients: In a large mixing bowl combine sugars, eggs, pumpkin purée, oil and vanilla.
Whisk dry ingredients: In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt. Add dry ingredients to bowl with the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
Bake: Scoop the batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cupcakes to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
How to make Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
Combine: Beat butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes then add vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until you reach the desired frosting stiffness that you want. Mix for 2 more minutes.
Frost the Halloween pumpkin cupcakes then top with a pumpkin candy, if desired.
Storage, Make Ahead, and Freezing Instructions:
- Store: Keep pumpkin spice cupcakes covered, in the refrigerator for 2-3 days after baking.
- To Make Ahead: These pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting can be made up to 2 days in advance, stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
- To Freeze: Frosted or unfrosted cupcakes can be stored in the freezer for 2-3 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
Follow me for more great recipes
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup pumpkin puree , canned or homemade
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, eggs, pumpkin purée, oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl with the pumpkin mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
For the Cinnamon Frosting:
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until you reach the desired frosting stiffness that you want. Mix for 2 more minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes and garnish with pumpkin candy, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe September 2014. Updated September 2019 and October 2023.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.
This post contains affiliate links.