Million Dollar Spaghetti is a DELICIOUS easy dinner idea! The noodles are layered with a cheesy center and topped with a yummy homemade meat sauce and cheese.
Million Dollar Spaghetti is like the happy marriage of my favorite Spaghetti pie, to a classic lasagna. The noodles are layered with a cheesy filling in the middle, then a yummy meat sauce and cheese on top. YUM!
Contrary to what the name might lead you to believe, it’s a super inexpensive meal to make, but it DOES taste like a million bucks 🙂 . Your family will LOVE you for this one!
Start by boiling a package of spaghetti noodles. Once cooked, drain the water and toss them in a bowl with some butter and a little marinara sauce. Pour half the noodles in a pan and spread a creamy, cheesy mixture on top.
Then add the remaining noodles on top, creating a little surprise filling inside.
Next add your marinara meat sauce, and extra cheese on top to finish it off. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. I love it when the cheese on the edges get golden –YUM!.
I like to use both ground beef and ground Italian sausage in this recipe. It adds really great flavor. You could freeze the leftover 1/2 pound of Italian sausage and save it for another recipe down the road, like Baked Ziti or Pizza Casserole.
Tips for making this a freezable meal:
Prepare recipe right up until the baking step. Cover well with greased aluminum foil and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days, then bake for about 20 minutes covered and then 15-20 minutes uncovered. If baking from frozen, bake covered for about 40 minutes, then uncover and bake 20-30 minutes longer, or until bubbly and warm.
Consider serving this with:
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Fresh Green Salad
- A big tray of raw veggies with Easy Vegetable Dip
- Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks
Million Dollar Spaghetti
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 24 ounce jars marinara pasta sauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley leaves for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet cook and crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage and season with salt and pepper. Remove most of the grease.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add all but 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce (reserve 1/2 cup for the noodles) to the mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cook Spaghetti according to package instructions, just until “al dente”.
- Place hot spaghetti in a large mixing bowl with butter and 1/2 cup marinara sauce and toss to combine. Pour HALF of the pasta into a 9x13’’ pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese in a bowl and mix well. Smooth over noodles in the pan.
- Top with remaining noodles. Add meat mixture on top and smooth into an even layer. Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Check it around 20 minutes and if the cheese is browning too quickly, place a piece of tinfoil over it.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.