Kebab, Kabob, or Shish Kebab–what’s the difference?
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Bell pepper
- Wooden skewers
How to Make Chicken Kabobs:
- Make the marinade. Add soy sauce, oil, sprite, garlic powder and horseradish to a large ziplock bag.
- Cut the chicken. Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and add it to a gallon size resealable bag. Marinate for 1-3 hours.
- Slice the vegetables.
- Prepare your skewers. Thread the chicken and chopped vegetables alternately onto the wooden skewers, keeping a little space between each piece.
- Grill or oven cook.
How to make kabobs in the oven:
If you don’t have a grill available, you can make chicken kebabs in the oven or on a grill pan on your stove. To cook chicken kebabs in the oven, turn your oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and gently spray it with non-stick spray. Evenly space the kabobs on the baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 15-25 minutes. Cook time will very depending on how large the pieces of meat are.
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite (not diet)
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon horseradish , plain or horseradish sauce
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken tenders), cut into 1'' chunks
- 2 bell peppers (any color), sliced into large chunks)
- 1 sweet onion (or purple onion), sliced into large chunks
- wooden or bamboo skewers
- Add soy sauce, oil, sprite, garlic powder and horseradish to a large ziplock bag.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks and add it to the marinade. Marinate for 1-3 hours.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes (this will help keep them from burning while cooking on the grill). Thread the chicken and chopped vegetables alternately onto the skewers, keeping a little space between each piece.
- Heat grill to medium-high and grease lightly with oil.
- Grill the kebabs for just a few minutes on each side (about 5 minutes), until chicken pieces are cooked through. Allow the kebabs to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe June 2013. Updated June 2019 and July 2021.