Berry Almond Avocado Salad with a light honey lime poppyseed dressing served over a bed of your favorite greens.
With all of the berry recipes I’ve been posting lately you would think it’s already summer! Last week I shared this Raspberry Pretzel Dessert. At least this Berry Avocado Almond Salad is healthy, right?
The dressing for this salad is a light lime honey poppyseed dressing. But if you look too closely at my photos you may notice the dressing in these photos doesn’t have poppy seeds in it. Whoops!
When I was making this for my husband and I recently I ran out of poppy seeds, so I made the dressing without them. And I really wanted to share this salad with you guys, so I took the photos anyways! The dressing still turned out great, but I’d recommend using the poppy seeds :-).
I love the sweet and crunchy combinations in this salad from the almonds, apples and berries. I also love that it’s hearty enough that it will keep you full for lunch, but it works great as a side dish also. Hope you enjoy this Berry Almond Avocado Salad as much as we do!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Berry Almond Avocado Salad
For the salad:
- 8 cups leafy greens green leaf lettuce, spinach, kale, or a combination
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 avocados , peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large apple , sliced thin
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 5 ounces feta cheese crumbles
For the Poppyseed dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 Tablespoons onions , grated
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Blend together all of the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use (can be made several days in advance).
- Layer salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing and toss gently to combine.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.