White Garlic Chicken and Vegetable Pizza with my favorite creamy white garlic sauce and the BEST homemade pizza crust!
Pizza is my weakness. (And chocolate cake, because, well…it’s chocolate cake). Just throwin’ that out there. I love every type of pizza, whether it’s a paper thin crispy crust margherita pizza, Chicago-style thick crust or a super cheesy New York Style Pizza. I don’t discriminate 😉 . I have a TON of homemade pizza recipes on my site in lots of different flavors. However, my crown jewel of homemade pizza is my perfect pizza crust recipe! I’ve experimented with soo many pizza crust recipes over the years that I’ve lost count, until final this recipe was perfected. It has a perfect crisp outside and tender inside and great flavor.
Were throwing it WAAAY back to update a recipe I published three and half years ago! Despite the terrible photo the recipe (this white garlic chicken and veggie pizza) was really popular, and is one of my personal favorite pizzas!
Have you ever tried the white garlic veggie pizza from Papa Murphy’s? That’s where the inspiration for this pizza came from. I wanted a delicious white garlic pizza sauce as the base. Then I added all of the veggies I love from that pizza. The artichoke addition is my favorite. I also decided to add chicken because we love grilled chicken on our pizza and it adds extra heartiness and protein. You can definitely leave out the chicken if you want a vegetarian pizza.
Although you could use store bought pizza crust, I feel like there’s nothing yummier than a great homemade pizza crust for this recipe. I detest the pizza crusts that come in the tube/can, from the store. They taste like biscuit dough. If you have the time, you wont regret making homemade crust. The only store-bought crust I’ve found that I like is from Trader Joe’s. It’s fresh pizza dough and comes in a bag. It’s a good option if you’re in a time crunch.
- Dough for one regular pizza crust
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (red onion or green onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 heaping cup of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Add salt, pepper, garlic and basil.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- For one regular pizza crust (using homemade dough) I like to pre-bake the dough for 5 minutes at 475 degrees F., before adding the toppings.
- After 5 minutes in the oven, remove the crust. Spread crust with an even, smooth layer of white garlic sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, chicken, vegetables, and more cheese on top.
- Return to oven at 475 degrees F for about 10-12 more minutes, or until golden brown.
Never miss a post! Follow me on: