If you’re looking for a fun and patriotic recipe idea for a summer bbq or party, these Fruit Sparklers are a guaranteed crowd favorite! The perfect easy side dish for Memorial day or the Fourth of July!
When it comes to summer BBQ’s, especially parties for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July, I’ve come to learn that people like to keep it simple. Throw some meat on the grill, cold drinks in the cooler, and a big assortment of cold salads and fresh fruit. That is my kind of summer bbq!
If you ever need food ideas for a summer party, don’t miss my roundup of the BEST sides dishes to bring to a bbq!
Every summer when watermelon comes in season my kids get excited to help make these “fruit sparklers”. We call them fruit sparklers because they remind us of holding firework sparklers during the summer holidays, and they’re patriotic with the watermelon stars on top. They are so simple but make a really fun and easy summer treat.
What you will need to make Fruit Sparklers:
Slice the watermelon, vertically, into one inch slices. Use the star cookie cutter to cut stars from the flesh of the watermelon.
Thread 7-10 blueberries into the center of each bamboo skewer, leaving enough space at the end for someone to be able to comfortably hold it, and a space at the top for the watermelon star.
Add the watermelon star. Store, covered, in the fridge until ready to serve.
Looking for more Patriotic recipes for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July? Don’t miss these favorites:
Patriotic Sugar Cookie Bars
Almond Sheet Cake with berries
- 1 whole watermelon
- 16 ounces fresh blueberries
- Bamboo skewers
- Cut watermelon vertically into 1 inch thick slices.
- Use a small star cookie cutter to cut out star shapes from the flesh of each watermelon round.
- Thread 7-10 blueberries into the center of each bamboo skewer, leaving enough space at the end for someone to be able to comfortably hold it, and a space at the top for the watermelon star.
- Place the watermelon star on top and set the fruit sparklers on a serving tray. Cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!