This warm and healthy vegetable tortellini soup is packed with all the good stuff, including carrots, green beans, celery, corn, and tomatoes!
It’s not even the new year yet but I’m already feeling the need for health food after this past week. Seroiusly, it would be embarrasing to list every single thing we consumed over the past week, but to list a few:
I’ll stop there, but you get the idea 🙂 We had so much comfort food, and of course tons of sweets, and I’m SO ready for some lighter eats around here.
It’s also been raining like crazy the past few days. Our basement had some flooding–not fun, but we got it cleaned up. It was a good excuse to stay inside and relax most of the weekend.
This healthy Vegetable Tortellini Soup totally hit the spot on a rainy, cold night. You can definitely play around with it and add what veggies you have on hand.
I like to have my freezer stocked with frozen peas, beans, broccoli and corn, pretty much at all times. But you can also use fresh veggies, instead of frozen. I didn’t want to over-do it on the spices, so make sure to taste test it before serving and add some more spices if you’d like.
Consider trying these tortellini recipes:
- One Pan Creamy Lemon Chicken Tortellini
- Roasted Red Pepper Tortellini Pasta
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Southwest Tortellini Pasta Salad
Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes , undrained
- 2 cups frozen mixed carrots, peas, corn, green beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth , or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Better than Bouillon Vegetable Base ,optional but recommended for richer flavor
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 10 ounces cheese tortellini , refrigerated kind
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and celery and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaf, spices, broth, bouillon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low boil.
- Add green beans, corn and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tortellini and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the top. (Keep in mind they will continue to cook in the hot broth even when the heat is off, so don't overcook).
- Taste and add a little more bouillon, salt or pepper, to taste, if needed. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve warm with a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.