These delicious Blondies are thick, chewy, and made with three types of baking chips, including chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips.
My kids love helping me make. quick treat on the weekends and Blondies are always a favorite at our house. I usually have the ingredients I need and they’re faster to make then cookies (no rolling dough balls or cooking multiple batches).
What are Blondies?
They are a mix between a brownie (without the chocolate) and a chocolate chip cookie bar. They are heavenly, and I love them so much I also made a Butterscotch blondie recipe that is to die for. If you’re looking for a traditional blondie recipe, this is the recipe for you!
How to make Blondies:
Combine melted butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
Mix dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add wet ingredients and stir.
Add baking chips. Press dough into greased 9×13 inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Storage and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. I think blondies taste best the day they are made, but if you want to make them ahead of time I suggest freezing them.
To Freeze: Allow blondie brownies to cool completely. Cut them and store them in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
- Chocolate Chips: I like using three different types of chips, but you can use your favorite or leave them out! The base is a delicious and chewy cookie bar!
- Chopped Nuts: Try throwing in some chopped walnuts.
- Peanut Butter Blondies: Add some Reese’s pieces or peanut butter chips to the batter!
- 10 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the baking chips.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe February 2015. Updated October 2019 and August 2021.