These triple chip Blondies are thick and chewy blondie brownies made with three types of baking chips, including chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips.
I am all about cookie bar dessert recipes, since they’re faster to make than cookies, and just as delicious! From traditional recipes like Chocolate Chip Cookie bars and Sugar Cookie bars to gourmet bar recipes like S’mores Bars and Oreo Cookie Bars, if it’s thick and chewy, I just can’t say no!
Please tell me you’ve heard of these beauties before? Blondies are a mix between a brownie (without the chocolate) and a chocolate chip cookie bar. They are heavenly, and I love them so much I also made a Butterscotch blondie recipe that is to die for. If you’re looking for a traditional blondie recipe, this is the recipe for you!
I love to add three types of baking chips to this recipe, but you can add whatever kind you like, or even leave them out. The base recipe is absolutely delicious and yields a soft, chewy cookie bar.
Thick and Chewy Triple Chip Blondies:
- Combine wet ingredients: melted butter and brown sugar. Then eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients and stir. Stir in baking chips.
- Add dough to greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Storing and Freezing:
Store triple chip blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. I think these blondies taste best the day they are made, but if you want to make them ahead of time I suggest freezing them!
To freeze: Allow blondies to cool completely. Cut them and store them in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
Looking for more “bar” recipes? Some of my favorites include:
Triple Chip Blondies
- 10 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the baking chips.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting.
*I originally shared this recipe February 2015. Updated October 2019.