Every day around lunchtime I always seem to be scrambling to make Jackson (my one-year-old) and I something easy and healthy. We’re both usually really hungry by the time I get around to preparing lunch, so I basically have to use whatever I can chop up that’s in the fridge that day. That’s how this pasta salad was born.
I try to mix up the foods we eat each meal so that Jackson gets a variety of foods every day, and I think this has helped him to be quite an adventurous and happy eater. Two of his absolute favorites are tomatoes and avocados, so I tend to include them in lots of meals. We both gobbled up this pasta salad like it was our last meal on earth. It is sooooo good! It’s made with all fresh ingredients, so you really can’t go wrong. Even the dressing is simple lemon juice and olive oil. Everything seems to taste better when it’s simple, fresh, and healthy!
Consider trying these pasta salad recipes:
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
Tomato, Basil, Avocado Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 avocados , peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl toss together the cherry tomatoes, avocado, bacon, basil, and garlic.
- Drizzle mixture with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.