Grilled Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs are packed with vegetables bold and spicy cajun flavors.
I have wanted to share these Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs for a while, but honestly I just never get around to taking photos of them before we eat. I’m always too anxious to eat them hot and fresh off the grill. So, I finally managed to snap two photos of them before we ate them last week.
The pictures hardly do them justice–they’re the BEST! You just can’t go wrong with grilled chicken, sausage, veggies and homemade cajun seasoning.
Some important things to note about this recipe:
- My husband declares these his favorite kebabs I’ve ever made. That’s saying a lot considering how often we eat kebabs! The flavor of these are amazing!
- We like spice, especially when it comes to cajun food! If you don’t like spicy food I would cut down on the cayenne pepper, or just leave it out.
Consider trying these kebab recipes:
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs
- 12 ounce package andouille sausages , sliced into ½ inch thick coins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers , any color, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion , cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini , sliced into coins
For the Cajun Seasoning:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare the cajun seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water while you make the cajun seasoning. (Soaking them in water helps prevent them from burning on the grill).
- Add sausages to mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and half of the cajun seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Season the cut chicken with remaining cajun seasoning.
- Layer skewers alternating with pieces of chicken, sausage, and chopped vegetables. You can pack them together closely.
- Clean and heat your grill. Spray with non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- Place prepared kebabs on hot grill.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, gently rotating them 2 or 3 times as they cook, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to a plate. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This one is a family favorite! We love it! Thanks for another hit!
Trying these tonight! We love all of your recipes! I never think twice. Thanks for sharing. =)
Thanks Amber! I hope you enjoy these as well!
We will definitely use this recipe again! We served it with brown rice as a fresh healthy summer meal. The cajun spices gave the perfect flavor to the chicken and sausage.
I did not have andouille sausage so I substituted with hot Italian sausage. I was worried about the soft pieces vs. the firmer called for andouille. We were prepared for the sausage to fall off the skewers but we were pleasantly surprised when they held together. Thanks for the recipe 🙂
I have made these and they are very good I did add extra to the recipe that’s pineapple chunks and oh my yummy.
So easy and yummy!
when i come across recipes like this , i wont attempt to try your recipe , especially if you state its low carb. We are on a ketogenic diet , and we must know the nutritional values such as how many carbs in a serving , Protein level, fat and Calories. What are the values in te Net carbs or total carbs plus the fiber. Thanks so much , Lucy
Each serving is estimated to contain 2 carbohydrates, 8 grams of protein, and 7 grams of total fat. There are 113 calories per serving and 15 kebabs is the serving size! You can find this info in the nutrition label below the recipe :).
We love Cajun spices! Is there anyway we could adapt this to make it on the stove or in the oven?
Of course! Just grilled the kebabs in a skillet over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through (rotating them) or broil them in the oven 🙂
This is one of my favorite meals for the grill!
Mine too! Thanks Stacy!
unique name, I’ll try to make it cause looks easy:D