Grilled Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs are packed with vegetables bold and spicy cajun flavors.
I have wanted to share these Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs for a while, but honestly I just never get around to taking photos of them before we eat. I’m always too anxious to eat them hot and fresh off the grill. So, I finally managed to snap two photos of them before we ate them last week.
The pictures hardly do them justice–they’re the BEST! You just can’t go wrong with grilled chicken, sausage, veggies and homemade cajun seasoning.
Some important things to note about this recipe:
- My husband declares these his favorite kebabs I’ve ever made. That’s saying a lot considering how often we eat kebabs! The flavor of these are amazing!
- We like spice, especially when it comes to cajun food! If you don’t like spicy food I would cut down on the cayenne pepper, or just leave it out.
Consider trying these kebab recipes:
Cajun Chicken and Sausage Kebabs
- 12 ounce package andouille sausages , sliced into ½ inch thick coins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers , any color, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion , cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini , sliced into coins
- Prepare the cajun seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water while you make the cajun seasoning. (Soaking them in water helps prevent them from burning on the grill).
- Add sausages to mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and half of the cajun seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Season the cut chicken with remaining cajun seasoning.
- Layer skewers alternating with pieces of chicken, sausage, and chopped vegetables. You can pack them together closely.
- Clean and heat your grill. Spray with non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- Place prepared kebabs on hot grill.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, gently rotating them 2 or 3 times as they cook, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to a plate. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.